We’ve all had a crazy year, and by all looks of things heading into 2021, many regions around our country and the world will still experience upheaval. Many people are already experiencing COVID-burnout. We wait for the next day to have things go back to “normal” and then we wait again for the next day and the next day … to a never-ending row of days.
So my advice, don’t waste your days away waiting! One of the most vital pieces of advice I dish out when asked is “Take control” to make positive change in your life. In other words, don’t let the tail end of 2020 wag you; you wag the tail and get ready for 2021.
As we head into the “12 Days of Christmas”, here are some thoughts to keep you focussed and kick it all the way to the new year!
- Laugh out loud at least once a day. Release those endorphins!
- Dance like no one’s watching. It’s ok to bring out your silly side, and that may make encourage you to laugh out loud!
- Take things in stride – COVID is a marathon and not a sprint.
- Do something you’ve never done before. Because many things are out of bounds right now, fill up your time with a new experience or two.
- Touch base with old friends and reconnect with the “I wonder what happened to “ person. Stop wondering and find them.
- Keep traditions even if your gatherings are smaller this year, stick to what makes your Holiday’s special as much as you can.
- Start a new project and enjoy your time at home.
- Do not live with regret because the past cannot be changed, instead learn from your choices.
- Remember what you used to love to do and do it again..and again. Find your happy
- Live in gratitude and say thank you to the small daily blessings around us, which enables perspective.
- Minimize the noise and turn off the news, turn on your life and do something you enjoy to focus your energy in positive ways.
- Lessen the complaining to attract positivity in your life. If a complaint emerges, be aware and put it in check. Then think about how you can sidestep around the complaint with the 11 ideas above!
Have faith that with every challenge comes opportunity, and that can bring positive change for 2021.